Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Family Matters of Greater Washington!
Volunteers are the backbone of any non-profit organization and Family Matters is no exception. We appreciate your willingness to give us one of your most valuable resources – your time. So often our clients feel forgotten or unimportant to the rest of the world. The fact that there are people who are willing to reach out and give of themselves to help others means everything. Currently, Family Matters volunteers are:
- Providing office support at our headquarters during normal business hours;
- Assisting with special events, such as our annual awards reception;
- Providing a safe home for formerly abused or neglected children as foster parents.
We value and appreciate the contributions of individual volunteers as well as the many service organizations, churches, and other groups who give their time. We will try to match your interests and skills with the current volunteer opportunities. To inquire into volunteer opportunities, fill out our contact form here.
Adopt a Family for the Holidays!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! But for some of our clients it can a time of loneliness and financial hardship. The families we serve too often struggle to meet the demands of everyday life. Food, rent and medicine take priority over toys and games. But you can help make a family’s holiday season much brighter! Consider adopting an individual or family this holiday season!
This is a great opportunity for individuals, families, school, community or work groups to participate in a holiday service project. Long-term donors say this is one of the most fun, rewarding parts of their holiday season!
Family Matters will provide sponsors with a family profile and wish list. (For confidentiality purposes, real names may not be used). Sponsors can deliver wrapped or unwrapped gifts to Family Matters headquarters located at 425 I St, NW in Washington, DC. The family’s social worker will deliver the gifts to the families with a special note from each sponsor.
We also accept new, unwrapped toys to distribute to clients who do not have a holiday sponsor. With your help, we can ensure that everyone in our Family Matters family has a happy holiday!
The program begins November 1st – December 16th. If you want to make a family’s holiday wishes come true, contact the Development Department at (202) 289-1510 or email email@example.com.
Pro Bono Services
There are many ways to give back to your community. One of the best, and frequently overlooked ways to get involved is by sharing your professional services and expertise! Family Matters encourages individuals and corporations to give their professional skills to assist us in creating or improving our business practices.
Benefits to Offering Pro Bono Services:
- Pro Bono work is an excellent way to boost your portfolio.
- Allows you to apply skills that your paid job currently does not.
- It offers greater exposure of your work.
- It offers employees a refreshing, fun, enlightening change from their usual focus.
- Offers experience in and exposure to a whole new sector. The non-profit world has knowledge, skills, work and management styles and resources that can be applied to in the for-profit arena.
- Demonstrates a commendable commitment to the community, enhancing the volunteer organization’s corporate image.
If you have the time to share your professional skills with Family Matters please contact the Development Department at 202-289-1510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.