DrESSES4Dreams & Suited4Dreams
Each year, Family Matters of Greater Washington hosts a special “Dresses4Dreams/Suited4Dreams” event that provides formal wear —gowns/dresses, suits/tuxedos, and accessories to DC-area teens free of charge, to help make their high school prom a memorable and affordable experience.
And we’re now gearing up for our next “D4D” event! Set for Friday, March 29, 2019, from 3:00pm-7:00pm at the FMGW’s offices in Washington, DC, we’ll be hosting our popular “Pop-Up Prom Boutique” where teens can choose their prom wear from donated items. We are now collecting new or gently-worn dresses, suits/tuxedos, ties, shoes, purses, jewelry, and other accessories. These collected items will be used to create our boutique and men’s shop for teenage girls and guys to select free items so they can attend prom confidently and in style. If you would like to schedule a drop-off at Family Matters HQ, please contact Tanesha Anderson at (202) 289-1510.
Ways to Participate in the 2019 D4D Program:
- Make a tax-deductible monetary donation and designate it to benefit Dresses4Dreams.
- Make a tax-deductible in-kind donation. In-kind donations include new/gently-used formal dresses, men’s suits/tuxedos, handbags, shoes and other accessories, or gift certificates for professional services.
- Donate professional services. We are in need of hairstylist, barbers, make-up artists, manicurist, fashion stylists and even florists for corsages and boutonniers.
- Host your own office fund-raiser
- Spread the word about Dresses4Dreams on Facebook, Twitter using the hashtag #dresses4dreams
**If you or someone you know would benefit from free prom apparel and would like to attend the event, please fill out the following form: