Camp Moss Hollow
A Warm Welcome
Welcome all new and returning campers to another exciting summer at “The Hollow!” Enrollment for the 2016 summer camping season is NOW OPEN!
It is important that parents make an appointment for their child to get a physical examination as soon as possible. All heath forms must be signed by a physician and submitted prior to the session starts.
Children are grouped into four residential villages based on age and gender. Village life centers on age appropriate activities.
Summer 2016 Session Dates
- Session 1 – June 20 – 24 (Homecoming Week)
- Session 2 – June 27 – July 1 (Health & Wellness Week)
- Session 3 – July 5 – 15 (National Guard Youth Leaders Camp)
- Session 4 – July 18 – 22 (Talent Showcase Week)
Summer Tuition & Fees
Tuition fees are based on a flat cost per week plus a once per season registration fee per child
- Registration fee: $50
- Each Session fee: $500
- Additional child fee: 10% off then each additional child will be 15% off
We accept cash, Visa, Master Card, money orders and certified checks. All money orders and certified checks should be made payable to Family Matters of Greater Washington.
Scholarships are available. Camp Scholarship Application
- All session fees must be paid in full before your child will be allowed to attend camp.
- No refunds will be given after the session start date.
- Payments are non-refundable for all no-shows.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $50 is due upon registration (this registration fee is in addition to camp tuition)
- There will be no refund on cancellations made within 3 weeks of expected arrival date. Payments are not refundable for no-shows.
Round-trip transportation is available. Bus service is provided from the immediate Washington, D.C. area.
- Departure: Monday, 8:15am, Skate Palace parking lot at 3132 Branch Ave. Temple Hills, MD 20748 (across from the Naylor Road Metro Station)
- Pickup: Friday, 5:30pm, Skate Palace parking lot at 3132 Branch Ave. Temple Hills, MD 20748 (across from the Naylor Road Metro Station)
Programs activities focus on building individual and interpersonal skills.
The overall goal for each camper is to develop self-confidence and a sense of accomplishment while having fun! Program offerings during the scheduled activity periods may include:
- Arts & Crafts
- Day & Night Hikes
- Team Sports
- Creative Writing Program
- Dance & Performing Arts
- Instructional Swim
- Low Ropes Challenge Course
All campers will be exposed to outdoor living skills, environmental studies, life skills, small group sessions and wildlife programs.