Camp Moss Hollow
Camp Moss Hollow proudly celebrates 50 years of service to over 30,000 kids and their families from our greater Washington region. Located in the foothills of the Shenandoah Valley, Camp Moss Hollow provides children ages 7-14 a reprieve from the city and a chance to build individual and interpersonal skills, develop new perspectives, and improve self-confidence and self-efficacy through recreational and educational programming.
Welcome all new and returning campers to another exciting WINTER at “The Hollow!”
Enrollment for the 2016 winter camping season is NOW OPEN.
Programs activities focus on building individual and interpersonal skills.
The overall goal for each camper is to develop self-confidence and a sense of accomplishment while having fun! Program offerings during the scheduled activity periods may include:
|♦ Arts & Crafts||♦ Nature|
|♦ Day & Night Hikes||♦ Instructional Swim|
|♦ Team Sports||♦ Low Ropes Challenge Course|
|♦ Creative Writing Program||♦ Tennis|
|♦ Dance & Performing Arts||♦ Amphitheater|
All campers will be exposed to outdoor living skills, environmental studies, life skills, small group sessions and wildlife programs.
The Winter Camp Program provides its participants with educational activities that help reinforce basic academic skills, teach environmental awareness in a hands-on setting and strengthen socialization skills with youth between the ages of 12 – 18. During the program, the participants will also participate in recreational activities, community service projects, and learn outdoor living skills. This unique program operates November through March with selected weekends at Moss Hollow. It includes special in-town cultural activities and educational events along with our annual year end college tour. Children will be grouped into four clubs based on age and grade level and will also be housed in separate villages based on gender.
|♦ Academic Enrichment||♦ Cultural In Town Events|
|♦ Outdoor Living Skills||♦ Nutrition & Fitness|
|♦ Environmental Science||♦ Entrepreneurship|
|♦ Community Service Project||♦ Investment|
|♦ Arts & Crafts||♦ Creative Writing|
|♦ Performing Arts||♦ College Prep & College Tour|
|♦ Team Sports||♦ Leadership Building|
|♦ Public Speaking & Debate|
** To apply for a staff position at Winter Camp CLICK HERE **
* All weekend trips are based on the weather conditions at Moss Hollow and will be determined by the camp staff at the cancellation times below: Saturday Departure (Cancellation notice will be posted at 9:00pm the Friday before departure). Friday Departure (Cancellation notice will be posted at 4:00pm on the day of departure).
Cancellation notices, schedule updates and weekend activities will be posted on the following social media sites:
- Moss Hollow Facebook Group – Click Here to view & join
- Camp Moss Hollow Facebook Page – Click Here to view & like
- Instagram Page – @Camp_Moss_Hollow
- Twitter – @CampMossHollow
- Registered Parents Email Blast
Winter Camp Tuition & Fees
Camp fee’s are based on a per child, per program amount.
- Registration fee: $250
- Additional child fee: $50 off, then each additional child will be $100 off
We accept cash, Visa, Master Card, money orders and certified checks. All money orders and certified checks should be made payable to Family Matters of Greater Washington.
ALL FEE’S MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO YOUR CHILD ATTENDING CAMP
Scholarships are available by clicking the link below and emailing that application directly to CampMossHollow@yahoo.com or faxing it to (202)518-8929.
- All fees must be paid in full before your child will be allowed to attend camp.
- No refunds will be given after the program start date.
- Payments are non-refundable for all no-shows.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $50 is due upon registration (this registration fee is in addition to camp tuition)
- There will be no refund on cancellations made within 2 weeks of expected arrival date.