The Winter Camp Program provides its participants with educational activities that help reinforce basic academic skills, teach environmental awareness in a hands-on setting and strengthen socialization skills with youth between the ages of 12 – 18. During the program, the participants will also participate in recreational activities, community service projects, and learn outdoor living skills. This unique program operates November through March with selected weekends at Moss Hollow. It includes special in-town cultural activities and educational events along with our annual year end college tour. Children will be grouped into four clubs based on age and grade level and will also be housed in separate villages based on gender.
|♦ Academic Enrichment||♦ Cultural In Town Events|
|♦ Outdoor Living Skills||♦ Nutrition & Fitness|
|♦ Environmental Science||♦ Entrepreneurship|
|♦ Community Service Project||♦ Investment|
|♦ Arts & Crafts||♦ Creative Writing|
|♦ Performing Arts||♦ College Prep & College Tour|
|♦ Team Sports||♦ Leadership Building|
|♦ Public Speaking & Debate|
* All weekend trips are based on the weather conditions at Moss Hollow and will be determined by the camp staff at the cancellation times below: Saturday Departure (Cancellation notice will be posted at 9:00pm the Friday before departure). Friday Departure (Cancellation notice will be posted at 4:00pm on the day of departure).
Cancellation notices, schedule updates and weekend activities will be posted on the following social media sites:
- Moss Hollow Facebook Group – Click Here to view & join
- Camp Moss Hollow Facebook Page – Click Here to view & like
- Instagram Page – @Camp_Moss_Hollow
- Twitter – @CampMossHollow
- Registered Parents Email Blast
Winter Camp Tuition & Fees
Camp fee’s are based on a per child, per program amount.
- Registration fee: $250
- Additional child fee: $50 off, then each additional child will be $100 off
We accept cash, Visa, Master Card, money orders and certified checks. All money orders and certified checks should be made payable to Family Matters of Greater Washington.
ALL FEE’S MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO YOUR CHILD ATTENDING CAMP
- All fees must be paid in full before your child will be allowed to attend camp.
- No refunds will be given after the program start date.
- Payments are non-refundable for all no-shows.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $50 is due upon registration (this registration fee is in addition to camp tuition)
- There will be no refund on cancellations made within 2 weeks of expected arrival date.
Scholarships are available by clicking the link below and emailing that application directly to CampMossHollow@yahoo.com or faxing it to (202)518-8929
Round-trip transportation is available. Bus service is provided from the immediate Washington, D.C. area.
- Departure: Saturday, 8:15am, Skate Palace parking lot at 3132 Branch Ave. Temple Hills, MD 20748 (across from the Naylor Road Metro Station)
- Pickup: Sunday, 3:00pm, Skate Palace parking lot at 3132 Branch Ave. Temple Hills, MD 20748 (across from the Naylor Road Metro Station)